If you've ever made ice in a silicone ice tray, then you know that the trays can be difficult to clean. The silicone tends to trap smells, and it can be tough to get them out. In this blog post, we will discuss how to get the smell out of silicone ice trays. We will provide some tips and tricks that will help you clean your ice tray and get rid of any unwanted smells!
Let's get started!
A Step-by-step Guide to Getting the Smell Out of Silicone Ice Tray
Things You Need
nA clean cloth
nA scrub brush (optional)
Now Let's Get Started!
1. Fill your sink with hot water and add a few drops of dish soap. Submerge your silicone ice tray in the soapy water and let it soak for a few minutes. When it's done soaking, use a clean cloth to wipe down the tray. If there are any stubborn spots, you can use a scrub brush to remove them.
2. Once your tray is clean, it's time to neutralize the odor. To do this, mix together equal parts white vinegar and water. Then, pour the mixture over your silicone ice tray and let it sit for a few minutes. After a few minutes, rinse the tray with hot water.
3. If the vinegar smell is too strong for you, you can try using baking soda instead. Just sprinkle some baking soda over your silicone ice tray and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, rinse the tray with hot water.
4. Once you've neutralized the odor, dry your silicone ice tray with a clean cloth. Make sure the tray is completely dry before you use it again. If you store your tray in a moisture-prone area, you may want to consider storing it in a zip-top bag to keep it from getting wet.
5. When you're ready to use your tray again, be sure to clean it thoroughly before each use. This will help prevent any unwanted smells from developing.
We hope these tips and tricks help you get rid of the smell in your silicone ice tray! Thanks for reading!
Are There Any Other Ways to Get Rid of the Smell Besides Cleaning the Tray Itself?
Yes, there are a few other techniques to eliminate the odor from your silicone ice tray. When not in use, one method is to store the tray in a zip-top bag. This will assist in keeping moisture out and stop any odors from growing. Another option is to freeze the tray for a few hours. Any odors that lingered will be eliminated as a result. Finally, you may put the tray through a cycle in your dishwasher to clean and sanitize it. Most silicone kitchenware never needs to go through the dishwasher, but one cycle should be sufficient in this case.
How Often Should You Clean the Silicone Ice Tray in Order to Prevent Smells From Forming?
After every use, you should clean your silicone ice tray. This will keep the tray in good shape and stop any odors from emerging. To prevent odors from developing, make sure to clear the tray as soon as you see any build-up. Keep the tray clean to avoid odors, whether you hand-wash it or put it through the dishwasher.
In a Nutshell
Who knew that such a simple kitchen tool could be so difficult to keep clean and free of smells? If you're struggling with getting rid of the funky smell in your silicone ice tray, follow the guide above for some extra tips. Other than frequent cleaning, there might not be much you can do to prevent the smell from coming back - but hopefully, this article was helpful in giving you some ideas. Thanks for reading, and good luck!